miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2011

Euthanasia





When I heard the word euthanasia I think immediately in a sick person who is suffering with his condition. I know that voluntary euthanasia is illegal in many countries except United States and involuntary euthanasia is illegal in the majority of countries. In this moment I don’t remember a famous case of this but I remember a very good movie called “Mar adentro”. This movie talks about this topic and is base on a true story. It’s about a man who was left quadriplegic after an accident, his condition is incurable and he was 29 years lying on a bed, this man try to do legal his own euthanasia but he can`t get the consent for the state so he committed suicide in collusion with various family members and friends who were never charged, because he developed a sophisticated plan to protect them. I don’t practice any religion, but the Catholicism (that is practice for the most of the Chileans) prohibits the euthanasia, in my personal opinion the government doesn’t have the right to keep a person alive considering the pain and the decision of the sick person and his family, In my case, I’m agree with euthanasia and I think that the discernment have to be more flexible.




*The image of this post is from the movie "Mar adentro"

1 comentario:

  1. Hi!! I totally agree with you!! I have not seen that movie but I'll look, looks a good film
    See you!

    ResponderEliminar